Services provided by the Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Western Australia
- Business consulting for companies doing business in Kazakhstan or investing in Kazakhstan.
- Inter-government activities, government and business delegations such as mining delegations to and from Kazakhstan.
- Diplomatic representation. The Kazakhstan Consulate Perth is one of two Honorary Consulates in Australia. A Consulate General is based in Sydney.
- General enquiries and local support for individuals and businesses with links to Kazakhstan.
The following services are administered from the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Singapore – accredited to Australia. Please visit the Embassy website for details.
- Police clearances
- Legalisation of documents
About the Honorary Consul
Honorary Consul, Mr Jason Stirbinskis was appointed as the first diplomatic representation of Kazakhstan resident in Australia in 2009 reporting to the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Singapore and accredited to Australia and New Zealand. Mr Stirbinskis has significant experience with doing business in Kazakhstan and investing in Kazakhstan.
Mr Stirbinskis was the former Managing Director of Central Asia Resources, one of the first Australian junior mining companies to achieve gold production in Kazakhstan. Other roles include
- C.E.O – Drake Resources Limited (ASX: DRK)
- Managing Director – Phillips River Mining (ASX: PRH)
- General Manager – METS – Mining / Engineering Consulting
- General Manager – Simulus – Mining and Engineering Consulting
- Chief Manager Project Delivery – BankWest / HBOS
- Senior Consultant – Logica Consulting – Mining, Banking, IT, Strategic Business Consulting
- Senior Consultant – Prospect Management Consulting- Strategic Business Consulting
Mr Stirbinskis holds a degree in Geology, Diploma in Education and MBA. He was the GM of the 2006 Telstra Small Business of the Year (Australia) and was identified as one of the top 40 business people under 40 in Western Australia in 2007.
Mr Stirbinskis has significant experience with doing business in Kazakhstan and investing in Kazakhstan. Mr Stirbinskis has worked with or assisted many Australian companies with representation in Kazakhstan or contemplating investing in Kazakhstan across numerous industries.
Kazakhstan celebrates its diverse and tolerant ethnic and religious mix and has achieved peaceful economic growth year on year since its emergence from the USSR.
- Same geographic size as Western Australia with a population of ~17M
- GDP (US$20B) – Mining, Oil & Gas, Agriculture
- Largest economy of FSU (except Russia)
- 20x the GDP of Mongolia
- Top 10 for most economic minerals such as gold, iron, uranium, copper
- 11th in Oil and Gas production
- Substantial foreign investment in Kazakhstan and many companies doing business in Kazakhstan across many industries from mining to advanced technologies.
Bordering China, Russia, Europe and its Central Asian neighbours to the south, Kazakhstan has taken its rightful place in international commerce and the political landscape.
Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, is the host of the 2017 World Expo.
Kazakhstan and Australia
Kazakhstan and Australia share a similar GDP profile with oil & gas, mining and agriculture making substantial contributions to the economy and employment. Current areas of cooperation include
- Exploration and Mining in Kazakhstan
- Mining Services
- Oil& Gas
- Trade missions
Kazakhstan has attractive investment incentives and a developing skills base to entice foreign businesses and commercial investment in Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan has quickly became a regional economic powerhouse thanks to its macroeconomic stability, improved business environment and vast energy and mineral resources.